Pin It

UK Business Infographic

Filed under: All Infographics, Business Infographics | Comments Off

perecent job

This infographic looks at UK business.  The design is understated, and the information communicated is simple, if you can wrap your head around it.

The heading says “If 27% of small UK businesses created just 1 job” but then jump to a section where they give us a little bit of data before  they finish that sentence.

A sample of small UK businesses was asked if they planned to hire anybody in the next year, and 73% of them said no.  That leaves us with the 27% from the header, so we know where that bit of data came from.

Apparently, there are 1,178,745 small businesses in the UK, so if 27% of those small businesses hired just one person, that would result in the creation of 318,261 new jobs.

The UK is at a 17 year high of 2.62 million people.  If those 318,261 jobs were created, it would reduce the UK unemployment rate to 2.3 million.

A graph shows you the unemployment trend from 2000 to 2011, with a projection into 2012, based on the information that 27% of small business plan to hire at least one person in the next year.

If all this comes to pass, 198,139 fewer people would claim a weekly Jobseeker’s Allowance, which would result in a £10.5 million savings for the UK government.

Scorecard

Design:  B-

I like the minimalist design, but believe the lettering could be larger without losing the impact of the data.  I also disagree with the color choices.

Information:  A-

The information is presented in an interesting way, and it is good information to know.

Source:  Simply Business


Comments are closed.