10 Things Your Employees Might be Getting Away With
- Fraudulent overtime claims – wrongly submitted time sheets.
- Private Mileage – Using company vehicles for personal use.
- Automobile Idling – warming cab of vehicle, wasting fuel costs.
- Stuck in Traffic – Common excuse for tardiness.
- Cash in hand work – Working for non-taxable paying side job on company time.
- Doing “flyers” – Having the workers on a job far away from home base and paying for living, but they come home during weekends.
- Route Diversion – Diverting the driving route to park up with friends, sometimes going 30 miles off route.
- Turning Off Phones – Used as an excuse to rest and avoid additional assignments.
- Taking the Scenic Route – Longer routes to ease boredom adds fuel costs.
- Speeding – the most common cause of wear and tear on a vehicle.
Lots of clip art fill this uninspired infographic. The car images look like they are from an 80s video game. I’m guessing Frogger.
Statistics are provided for each activity that an employee might be getting away with, but the 10 choices leave much to be desired. An employee can’t warm up a car first?