Pin It

Dating Facts to Understand the Dating Scene

Filed under: All Infographics, People Infographics, Sex Infographics | Comments Off

State of Dating

This infographic goes over the ins and outs of dating, from the “boy meets girl” stage into the date itself.  The dating world is a mystery to almost anyone, even people who are seasoned daters.  Anything that can demystify the process and lead to some more happily-ever-afters is good in my book.  Let’s take a look at the infographic itself.

How Guys and Girls Meet

It would seem that the internet has a big role in the dating scene.  In 2009 more than twice as many meetings happened because of online dating rather than in clubs or via social networking.  Today, 20% of single people have dated or are dating someone they met on an online dating site.

Is There Chemistry?

30% of single people think that it only takes 15 minutes to establish whether there is chemistry or not.  12% of daters will leave a date within 30 minutes if they sense no chemistry.  Only 52% will be upfront and admit it if they are not interested in the other person.  That means 48% will not be honest.  That’s sad.  24% will be “evasive” about future availability if they feel like the first date doesn’t “work.”

Who Pays?

12% of females think it’s the guy’s responsibility to pay on the first date.  37% of guys agree.

What Do Guys Want to Hear?

According to this infographic, guys like humor that is sarcastic, then juvenile, then geeky, then raw.  According to the picture, guys like to be touched on the head(?), told their geekiness is cute, and they like to be comlpimented on their physique.  This is not explicitly explained – but there’s a picture.  I interpreted it.

What Are The Chances of a Long Term Relationship?

35% of one night stands turn into long term relationships.  54% of guys and 44% of girls have experienced love at first site.  42% of couples consist of at least one person who didn’t find the other person attractive, but became friends and then fell in love.

Who Has Sex on the First Date?

6.5% of single people freely admit that they’ve had sex on the first date plenty of times.  Frequently.  80% of singles say they disapprove of sex on the first date.  Somehow, Facebook information is under this heading, and we’re told that 89% of people friend each other on Facebook before the relationship becomes exclusive, whle 11% of singles between the ages of 35-44 wait to friend each other until the relationship becomes exclusive.

What Does “I Love You” Mean?

For 31% it means “I want you in my life.”  For 30% it means “I care about you.”  For 19% it means “I want to be in a committed relationship with you.”  For 14% it means “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

What Topics Should I Avoid on a Date?

Past relationships, activities outside the relationship, controversial topics, topics related to relationship norms or standards, and the classic “where is this relationship headed?” topic are all off-limits.

Scorecard

Design:  C

The graphics are fuzzy, and I don’t approve of yellow print on a white background.  It’s too hard to read.  I think snappier graphics would have gotten the point across just as well as the weird little pie charts, the colors could have been better, and everything could have been clearer.

Information:  B

While the information is helpful, it’s a big vague, and I would have liked to know the test group the numbers came out of.  No sources are listed, so I don’t know where they got their information.

Source:  Check out the profile calendar and media kit to learn more.


Comments are closed.